This weekend, April 22, fell on the 53rd anniversary of Worldwide Earth Day. This celebration of our lovely planet is at the moment being held in 193 international locations around the globe. The aim is to help and promote environmental safety. Hopefully, you had been capable of get out into nature on Saturday, at the very least for a short time. Ideally together with your camera, after all.
As for me? I set my alarm for 5am, had a fast cup of espresso (okay, truly two), and headed out into the woods to benefit from the peak of birdsong exercise. I’m sharing a visible a part of that tune right here, however quickly you’ll be capable to learn an article that may embrace actual voices from behind-the-scenes of my shoot.
We already knowledgeable you concerning the announcement of the brand new Nikon Z 12-28mm f/3.5-5.6 PZ VR and Canon RF 100-300mm f/2.8 L IS USM lenses final week. What different photograph information has seen the sunshine of day?
- Fifish V-EVO: Is the water too chilly, moist, and deep for you, however you continue to love underwater footage? Qysea has introduced a brand new underwater drone with a 4K 60 FPS camera and 360-degree omnidirectional motion. The drone could be managed by way of a digital actuality headset and is able to acrobatic maneuvers, object monitoring, exact positioning, and even “adaptive AI sea plankton filtering.” The worth is $1,299 (a further $300 for an optionally available robotic arm).
- Meike AF 85mm f/1.4: The AF within the identify is fascinating – particularly for Canon customers, as a result of Canon is making an attempt to guard its enterprise from third-party AF lenses. Along with the RF mount, the brand new lens can be meant for Sony E, Nikon Z, and Leica L mounts. The lens contains a 12-blade aperture, 13 components in 5 teams, and a entrance filter thread dimension of 77mm. The lens is on show on the NAB present in Las Vegas. Pricing has not but been introduced.
- DaVinci Resolve 18.5: The newest main replace of this more and more well-liked video modifying software program contains greater than 150 new options, together with new AI instruments. New options embrace updates to the edit web page toolset, enhanced Fusion instruments, and highly effective Fairlight audio combine automation. Different new options embrace the flexibility to rapidly generate timeline captions with computerized speech-to-text and improved search capabilities. DaVinci Resolve is free; DaVinci Resolve Studio is $295.
- Adobe Lightroom Classic (version 12.3): The traditional photograph modifying program Adobe Lightroom Basic acquired some fascinating options in model 12.3. To start with, there’s a brand new AI-powered Denoise algorithm for noise discount and sharpness preservation. Automated picks can now detect facial hair (one of many new presets mechanically darkens it if needed) and clothes. Curves can now be utilized in masks that you simply’ve created. Adobe has additionally improved the consumer interface and added different options.
- VSGO Electronic Air Blower cleaning kit: CNC-machined aluminum mud remover, with a wind pace of 120 km/h (I don’t assume I can squeeze that out of my air blower bulb). The Air Blower is provided with a filter to stop mud from blowing again into the unit. The built-in 1200mAh rechargeable battery offers about 60 minutes of operation. Obtainable for $119.00 (save $20 with code: QF7D2RB9).
The Rumor Mill
SIGMA 150-600mm f/5-6.3 DG DN OS has higher picture stabilization
When my eyes fell on the primary two phrases within the headline, “Sigma introduced…” and I noticed a brand new model of their well-liked telephoto zoom lens within the image, I perked up. I used to be a bit hopeful that this Sony E and Leica L appropriate lens would develop the sphere of potential customers to incorporate photographers with Nikon and Canon cameras. Nevertheless, as a substitute of recent mounts, the lens will get new firmware. This could considerably enhance the optical stabilization of the lens and produce its efficiency on par with the unique lenses. From the present 4 stops to six.5 stops on the vast finish and as much as 5.5 stops on the lengthy finish.
By way of Sony Alpha Rumors
First leaked photographs of Viltrox 27mm f/1.2 Professional AF X
The event of this lens for Fujifilm and Sony APS-C cameras was introduced by Viltrox a while in the past. Nevertheless, the specs and optical efficiency had been unknown. We should wait just a little longer for the solutions, however now we’ve seen some photographs of the lens in motion. At Fuji Rumors, you possibly can see it side-by-side towards the present Viltrox 75mm f/1.2 PRO XF.
Picture Contest Nook
- Subject: Animals of their habitat, Animal portraits, conduct, vegetation and fungi, city wildlife, planet Earth’s landscapes and environments, underwater, black and white, nature artwork, nature photojournalism, folks and nature
- Charges: £30.00
- Prize: Grand prize of $1000 and the title of World Nature Photographer of the Year.
- Deadline: June 30
- Subject: Wildlife in peril, human impacts on the surroundings, local weather motion
- Charges: Free
- Prize: 4 prizes with a complete worth of $2,000
- Deadline: April 28
- Subject: Pictures that finest promote the optimistic features of the African continent in public areas in Africa.
- Charges: Free
- Prize: First award: 1000€, Second award: 500€, Third award: 300€
- Deadline: April 28
Good Offers and New Sales
There are some very fascinating reductions happening at Nikon proper now. A lot in order that Spencer has devoted a whole article to them. Let’s see the place else it can save you this week.
For a very fascinating value, you may get a 4TB SSD from Sandisk. Nevertheless, you’ll need to act in a short time – the SanDisk 4TB Extreme PRO Portable SSD V2 is on sale for $300 (was $1,000!) however the sale is legitimate for lower than 4 hours after I’m publishing this text. If you happen to missed it, no worries. The SanDisk 4TB Extreme Portable SSD V2 can be on sale for a similar value. Nevertheless, the dearth of PRO in its identify means a slower learn and write pace.
At Canon, a sale on just a few fascinating lenses caught my eye. The Canon RF 100-500mm f/4.5-7.1 L IS USM lens is form of the gold customary for individuals who don’t need to spend over $10,000 on an unique super-telephoto lens, however nonetheless need to get Canon L-class high quality. Now you may get this lens for $2,700 with a $200 low cost. The small, mild, and comparatively quick Canon RF 70-200mm f/4 L IS USM lens (will we ever see the same lens from Nikon?) now sells for $1,499 (was $1,599). Different gross sales embrace the Canon RF 100mm f/2.8 L Macro IS USM for $1,199 (was $1,299) and the Canon RF 14-35mm f/4 L IS USM wide-angle zoom lens for $1,399 (was $1,499).
Different Pages of Curiosity
The World Press Picture 2023 competitors is over, and we already know the general winners. The celebrated World Press Picture of the Year award goes to Evgeniy Maloletko’s photograph from Mariupol, Ukraine. The picture reveals the evacuation of an injured girl after a Russian missile assault on a neighborhood maternity hospital. To see the opposite successful photographs and skim the tales behind them, go to the WPP website.
Not every part flying in Ukrainian skies proper now are enemy missiles. A brilliant, glowing object that just lately terrified residents of the Ukrainian metropolis of Kiev was most likely a meteor. You may watch a video of the pure phenomenon on the BBC website.
Lastly, a narrative with a cheerful ending. Endemic species inhabiting distant islands are typically very susceptible, partly due to human-introduced predators similar to cats and rats. Take the Black Robin, which inhabits the tiny island of Little Mangere off New Zealand. In 1980, solely 5 people of your entire species remained, together with a single fertile feminine. Now, there was one thing of a rebound. You may see a photograph of this uncommon hen and skim the remainder of the story on the BirdLife International website.
#Photography #Information #Lightroom #Replace #Canon #Sales