Photography Information: Laowa 2x Macro Lens Introduced, MacBook Pro Sale
For the following couple of weeks, I’ll be writing our weekly information instead of Libor as he travels to – you guessed it! – South The usa. I’ve heard rumors that he has one of the crucial backordered Nikon Z telephotos with him, so stay a watch out for studies on the ones lenses when he returns. Now for the scoop.
- Tamron 150-500mm f/5-6.7 for Fuji X cameras: An excessively lengthy, gradual lens with a full-frame an identical focal period of 225-750mm (and a full-frame an identical aperture of f/7.5-10, as a result of equivalence additionally contains aperture). At $1500, it can be a tempting selection for some Fuji X flora and fauna photographers.
- Laowa 58mm f/2.8 2x macro: This $500 lens continues Laowa’s standard line of macro lenses that transcend 1:1 magnification. I’ve discovered the Laowa 100mm 2x macro lens to be one of the vital two sharpest macro lenses I’ve ever examined (along the Nikon Z 105mm f/2.8 MC), so the 58mm model can be a winner if it has identical efficiency. The operating distance of about 2.5 inches / 6.5 cm is beautiful excellent, however observe that this can be a totally handbook lens and not using a digital contacts. To be had for Nikon Z, Canon RF, Sony E, and Leica L.
- Nikon Z 17-28mm f/2.8 lens: If you didn’t see my announcement publish previous this week, this can be a rebadged Tamron lens that was once in the beginning made for the Sony E mount. It has a excellent recognition, however the Nikon model is launching at a higher-than-expected value of $1200 ($300 greater than the Tamron’s record value). Nikon additionally added additional info to its lens roadmap this week.
The Rumor Mill
NiSi 9mm f/2.8 APS-C lens to be launched in a while
The thriller wide-angle NiSi lens that Libor advised you about a few weeks in the past has already been introduced in China as a 9mm f/2.8 lens for APS-C cameras. The rumored unlock date for the remainder of the arena is September 28. It’s manual-focus most effective, however it fills a very powerful hole for plenty of APS-C customers. It is going to strengthen Nikon Z, Canon RF, Sony E, Fuji X, and Micro 4 Thirds.
By the use of Photo Rumors
Yongnuo rumored to announce 12-35mm autofocus lens
Even supposing this is able to make an overly fascinating full-frame lens, odds are that we’re taking a look at an APS-C lens, and even Micro 4 Thirds (at which level it could be a 24-70mm an identical). After all, this is able to no longer be the primary autofocus lens from Yongnuo, which is slowly filling in its line of AF lenses because it tries to take a larger chew out of the third-party marketplace.
By the use of Sony Alpha Rumors
A couple of information about the Canon EOS R1 that we more than likely already knew
Rumors are that the Canon EOS R1 will strengthen 8K video and be Canon’s highest-resolution camera but. There’s no company unlock date connected to this rumor, however “2nd part of 2023” is the estimate for the camera’s cargo date. None of this is precisely unexpected. (It was once a gradual week for rumors, other people.)
By the use of Canon Watch
Photograph Contest Nook
- Subject: More than one classes representing maximum genres of images (listed here)
- Charges: $10-50 according to access relying on class and career of photographer
- Prize: $3000 grand prize (professional), $2000 grand prize (non-pro), $200 class prizes
- Cut-off date: October 2, 2022
- Subject: Any colour pictures
- Charges: €30-60 relying on choice of entries
- Prize: €1000 grand prize; 100 finalists printed in guide
- Cut-off date: September 30, 2022
- Subject: 4 classes – air, water, land, and sound. Will have to are living within the EU (or one in all a couple of different Eu international locations) and feature taken the profitable picture there.
- Charges: Loose, can post 5 entries
- Prize: €1000 for very best picture according to class; €500 public selection award; €500 early life prize (18-24)
- Cut-off date: October 1, 2022
- Subject: Underwater images (14 other classes)
- Charges: $10 according to symbol
- Prize: $100,000 of overall prizes; winners select their favourite prize so as of placement within the contest
- Cut-off date: November 30, 2022
Excellent Offers and New Gross sales
Have an effect on is having a large sale on virtually all of its mild stands lately, anyplace from about 10-45% off. In the event you wanted a brand new mild stand, virtually each sort is on sale.
Probably the most very best laptops available on the market lately, the 16″ MacBook Air M1, is on a rare sale for $400 off (now $2500). Fresh Apple laptops infrequently see a sale this massive, so should you’ve been in search of a brand new high-end picture or video modifying device, I’d pay shut consideration to this deal.
An RRS selection carbon fiber tabletop tripod, the Robus RCTT-200, is on sale for $100 ($40 off). A ballhead is incorporated at that value. I’ve by no means been the most important fan of tabletop tripods basically, however other folks appear to love them. This one seems well-built for the fee.
Different Pages of Passion
- Do you suppose your Lightroom library is large? What about taking 600,000 pictures of the similar topic? That’s what number of photos astrophotographer Andrew McCarthy took (and due to this fact stacked) for his remarkable photograph of Jupiter. It’s no longer simple to overcome that degree of element from the bottom.
- In some other little bit of area images information – albeit with a camera that could be quite over finances for many people – the James Webb Area Telescope captured the clearest image of Neptune since Voyager 2 flew previous it in 1989. This could also be the primary infrared picture of the planet to turn its attention-grabbing rings.
- To ceremonial dinner your eyes on some magnificent pictures, have a look at this year’s winners of the reFocus One Shot Awards. With over a dozen classes and a few enthralling winners, it’s transparent how tough images will also be even if telling tales in “one shot” as a substitute of a photograph sequence (which is the competition’s theme). I’m keen on one of the crucial aerial and summary winners.
Comments & Reviews