Christmas should be a great distance off, however the benefit of being an grownup is which you can take pleasure in it any time. Santa rang me a couple of days in the past to say he had a brand new Nikon Z 180-600mm f/5.6-6.3 VR on the best way for me! I believe it ought to arrive subsequent week, and I can’t wait to place it by way of its paces for you. This week, nonetheless, introduced information of another fascinating lenses. Take a look for your self.
- Viltrox AF 27mm F1.2 Pro XF: This 40mm full-frame equal APS-C lens is the second Professional collection lens launched by Vitrox after the AF 75mm f/1.2 Professional. The lens is simply obtainable for the Fuji X-mount for now. Nonetheless, if Viltrox follows the identical strategy as with the 75mm lens, Nikon Z and Sony E mounts will come later. Contained in the weather-sealed barrel are 15 components in 11 teams. And like most of Viltrox’s lenses today, it’s succesful of autofocus. Priced at $545.
- Tamron 35-150mm f/2-2.8: This lens shouldn’t be new to Sony customers, having been launched nearly two years in the past. However now it lastly will get a Nikon Z-mount. The large most aperture and lengthy vary of focal lengths is a compelling package deal. To finish the image, this weather-sealed lens comprises 21 components in 15 teams (the entrance factor has a fluorine coating). The lens will be pre-ordered now for $1,999.
- Hasselblad XCD 28mm f/4.0 P: A medium format, light-weight (245g) and compact (43.5mm lengthy) wide-angle autofocus lens for Hasselblad’s X system. The lens is equal to a 22mm angle of view on a full body camera. The 75 mm diameter metallic tube options an optical design with 9 components in 8 teams, together with 2 aspherical components and 1 ED factor. The minimal focusing distance is 0.22m, equal to a 1:6 magnification. The leaf shutter helps flash sync taking pictures as much as 1/4000s. The filter dimension is 72 mm. Obtainable for pre-order at $1,679.
The Rumor Mill
Tamron pronounces improvement of ultra-wide to plain full-frame lens for Sony
On August twenty fourth, Tamron introduced the event of the 17-50mm F/4 Di III VXD lens (mannequin A068). I’ve had Tamron’s 17-50mm f/2.8 lens in my camera bag since 2009, so what’s so particular about this new lens? The truth that it’s designed not only for APS-C, however for full-frame cameras!
Though solely the event has been introduced thus far, we will count on a full announcement quickly, because the lens is claimed to ship later this year within the Fall. It competes with Sony’s personal 20-70mm f/4, however with extra room on the large finish, and fewer zoom on the lengthy finish. I’d pair it with one thing just like the Tamron 50-400mm f/4.5-6.3 Di III VC VXD. You’ll be able to verify availability here.
By way of Tamron
Canon patented a brand new swing-like mechanism for built-in teleconverters
Life is sort of a swing. Typically you’re down, typically you’re up. The engineers at Japan’s Canon apparently informed themselves the identical factor after they designed a brand new mechanism for the built-in teleconverter.
Usually, a built-in teleconverter sits in a separate pocket of the lens, like a automobile in a storage. Within the new patent, the teleconverter swings into place on a round trajectory. Such a mechanism wants far much less area to “park.”
By way of Canon Rumors
Picture Contest Nook
- Subject: The whole lot conceivable underneath the time period “nature”
- Charges: $12 to $36 (1 to six entries)
- Prize: Money awards as much as $10,000 to the highest three photographers
- Deadline: September 7
- Subject: The competitors doesn’t distinguish in line with style; portraits, landscapes, nonetheless life, vogue, and so on. are all admissible
- Charges: 20€ for every entry
- Prize: 5000€ + The winner of the 212 Worldwide Photography Contest is entitled to be featured in 212 Journal
- Deadline: September 10
Good Offers and New Gross sales
Step one in photographing a wild animal is to seek out it! A good pair of binoculars is ideal for this process. I’ve had a quantity of binoculars over time that made the job of chicken images loads simpler. Beneath, I’ve chosen a couple of which are of actually good high quality and are presently on sale at a very good value.
A few suggestions that will help you determine. The primary quantity (often 8x or 10x) signifies the magnification. 10x magnification provides a barely bigger picture within the binoculars in trade for extra weight. The animal will seem barely smaller in 8x binoculars, however you’ll see extra of the encircling atmosphere, so it’s often simpler to seek out the animal in case you’re a newbie. The binoculars will even be extra steady as a result of decrease weight and wider subject of view. The quantity after the “x” is the target lens diameter. The upper the quantity, the extra gentle the binoculars will let by way of to your eyes, but it surely additionally makes the binoculars greater and costlier. It’s the identical precept as with vivid lenses.
Nice value/efficiency ratio:
When solely the most effective is nice sufficient:
B&H’s Back to School Specials occasion has been occurring for a couple of weeks now. However wanting on the calendar, it’s most likely essentially the most related proper now. With the low cost, there’s loads to select from within the every thing from computer systems to audio gear to, of course, camera gear.
There’s additionally nonetheless a Canon discount event occurring the place it can save you $300 immediately and as much as $500 at checkout utilizing promocode CANONSAVINGS.
Different Pages of Curiosity
This weekend marks 481 years because the Spanish conquistador Francisco de Orellana first navigated the world’s largest river, the Amazon. This considerably unintended journey turned maybe essentially the most epic expedition within the historical past of the invention of our planet. What a pity that images had not but been invented. Happily, a member of the expedition, the priest Gaspar de Carvajal, saved an in depth diary. In case you are within the hardships the expedition needed to endure, I extremely advocate the e-book River of Darkness by Buddy Levy. (Simply out of curiosity, do you know that the identify Amazon comes from the Greek phrases “a” and “mazos”, that means “with out breasts”? Attention-grabbing identify for the queen of rivers, don’t you assume?)
Sadly, loads has modified within the Amazon in nearly half a thousand years. Many tribes and indigenous peoples have been worn out by European illnesses, European weapons, and world greed for sources. However there are nonetheless distant corners the place individuals dwell as they did in Orellana’s time. Get a glimpse of their lives by way of the pictures of Sebastiao Salgado and Charlie Hamilton James.
If you happen to’re a cinema fan, right here’s one other tip. Werner Herzog’s movie Aguirre, the Wrath of God takes you again in time, twenty years after Orellana’s expedition. The notorious Lope de Aguirre adopted in his footsteps to seek out the legendary El Dorado. The movie was shot in actual exteriors within the distant Amazon jungle. I additionally respect the authenticity of the chicken voices. The voice of the Screaming Piha, for instance, is nearly iconic for the Amazon.
Lastly, a bit of inspiration for subsequent week. Few professions (besides maybe educating) are so full of emotion, hope, and tears because the world of sports activities. Go to the World Sports Photography Awards to take pleasure in the most effective sports activities images of the previous year.
Picture Theme Problem, Week #12
Final week’s theme was clouds and you may see the outcomes on this thread. Thanks to everybody to your submissions! This week’s theme is circles, and you may submit your outcomes on this thread by September 1!
Week #11 Outcomes
Let’s check out a pair of the submissions for the clouds theme.
Right here is Tom Pazol’s submission:
This scene appears to be like nearly futuristic. The clouds appear vague at first, however achieve a brand new that means with the partially obscured buildings.
John Graybosch gave us a fantastic panorama:
It nonetheless surprises me to today how totally different cloud formations and lightweight patterns make up a lot of a panorama. The graceful, massive clouds appear nearly an extension of the mountains.
Lastly, I’d like to point out one from PRG Lagarde:
The distinction between the sharp element within the water and the delicate clouds is nice!
Thanks to all of the discussion board members who submitted entries for Week #11! We take pleasure in wanting by way of all of your photographs and efforts, and we’re wanting ahead to seeing your “circles” photographs subsequent week.
#Photography #Information #Flock #Lenses #Discounted #Binoculars