It’s been just a few years since I stood on the summit of one of many highest energetic volcanoes on this planet, the mighty Cotopaxi (5,897 m). It was 2009, and apart from the ice axe and crampons, I additionally had my Nikon D… Or you realize what, I’ll give it to you as a riddle. Are you able to guess with which camera I took this picture? By the best way, you’ll quickly be capable to obtain it together with many others in an upcoming growth of Photography Life’s Uncooked Picture Database. However now on to final week’s information.
- Phase One XC: A compact camera with a set lens – usually an outline that may describe an inexpensive point-and-shoot camera, however not this time. The XC is a medium format digital camera with a 23mm f/5.6 lens (15mm full-frame equal). You’ll be able to select between two IQ4 digital backs – one coloration and one achromatic (each 53.4 x 40mm and 150MP). The unsurprisingly excessive value is $62,490.
- Sony ZV-E1 Upgrade: This free software program replace expands the video recording capabilities of this small full-frame camera. Particularly, slow-motion recording is now doable at 4K 120p (5 occasions slower than 24p). In Full HD decision, it’s even doable to report at as much as 240p. See the hyperlink for extra particulars.
- Insta360 Go 3: Actually small (35 g / 1.2 oz) motion camera that appears extra like a flash drive. The Go 3 options an 11mm (full body equal) lens, and the camera can shoot as much as 2.7K/30p. Sluggish-motion video will be recorded at 1080p, 120 FPS. Along with the camera, the system additionally consists of an “Motion Pod” that expands the camera with a 2.2-inch touchscreen, and extends battery life from 45 to 170 minutes. Pricing varies relying on the scale of the inner reminiscence (32GB, 64GB and 128GB) however begins at $380.
- TTArtisan Light Meter II: The up to date model brings extra portability, clickable dials, and 23 stops of shutter pace picks to the design. The sunshine meter attaches to the camera with an adjustable chilly shoe mount. Out there in black and silver for $62.
The Rumor Mill
New retro Nikon camera behind the nook?
In my early days of images, once I was a pupil, I fell in love with the Nikon FM 2. I ultimately purchased the final of the FM sequence, the FM 3a, for work associated to my grasp’s diploma. I skipped the Nikon Df as a result of its autofocus was additionally “retro” (a legacy from the Nikon D600), and Nikon’s Zfc didn’t curiosity me because of the very small vary of APS-C Nikon Z lenses.
However in response to Nikon Rumors, I may need one other probability so as to add a digital retro physique to my arsenal by the tip of the summer season. If this camera has a design primarily based on the long-lasting F3, a stabilized full-frame sensor, and considerate controls, my finger could be hungrily circling over the “pre-order” button. How about you, would you be tempted by a contemporary retro Nikon?
Upcoming telephoto lenses from Sigma
Rumors about two new lenses from Sigma have surfaced on Canon Rumors. One is claimed to be a traditional 70-200mm f/2.8, whereas the opposite appears to be an APS-C 50-140mm f/2.8 (roughly a 70-200mm equal). The one recognized element concerning the full-frame lens is that it’s going to zoom externally. This suggests a extra compact measurement and possibly a lower cost.
Photograph Contest Nook
- Matter: Black and White
- Charges: $40 per entry (an entry consists of as much as 5 images).
- Prize: Exhibition in Black Field Gallery. Gallery takes a 50% fee on all gross sales, 50% goes to the photographer.
- Deadline: July 12
- Matter: 20 totally different categories divided for Skilled and Novice sections.
- Charges: $25 per entry within the skilled class and $20 within the newbie class.
- Prize: Grand Prize is $2,000 for Skilled Winner and $1,000 For Novice Winner.
- Deadline: July 16
- Matter: Nature and landscapes, Construct surroundings and structure
- Charges: $22 per entry within the open class and $20 within the newbie class.
- Prize: Complete prize pool value over $40,000, together with $14,000 money. The general winner takes $3,000 and an Epson Supercolor P-7070 printer and different prizes.
- Deadline: July 17
Good Offers and New Gross sales
The normal 4th of July sales have began at B&H. Of the big choice, a reduction on a trio of Canon RF mount lenses overlaying focal lengths from 28mm to 500mm caught my eye.
It’s also possible to get three Canon cameras for fascinating costs. Particularly, the primary technology Canon EOS R6 (was $2,299, now $1,999) and the Canon EOS R5 (was $3,899, now $3,399). With the R5, you’ll get the Canon BG-R10 battery grip as a bonus (usually $299). Lastly, if images for you entails the sound of a mirror slapping, the previous flagship Canon EOS-1D X Mark II is now accessible for half its unique value (was $5,999, now $3,000).
A traditional amongst motion cameras, the GoPro HERO11 Black (was $499, now $399) has 5.3K 60p, or as much as 8x slow-motion at 2.7K 240p. The HERO11 Black has two shows, waterproofing to 10m (33ft) with out a housing, and loads of elective equipment.
Different Pages of Curiosity
Think about you’re photographing baseball. A participant hits the ball, and it heads straight for you at virtually 100 miles per hour! You press the shutter button on the excellent second, however all of a sudden, your blackout-free viewfinder blacks out. For good – because the ball has hit the entrance aspect of your costly Sony FE 400mm f/2.8 GM telephoto lens. Does that take an excessive amount of creativeness? Properly, that is what occurred to photographer Jim Rassol. Nevertheless, at the least this story has a happy ending.
Final week, the outcomes of the 2023 Audubon Photography Awards have been introduced. Together with the successful images, here you’ll be able to see an fascinating experiment that Audubon ran. They paired the images alongside AI-produced photos, primarily based on descriptions of the successful images. The challenge was meant to show that actual images will at all times have a spot on this planet, whereas elevating questions concerning the ethics of rapidly-improving AI picture technology expertise.
Subsequent year, a visit to southern Ecuador is on my record. There, in a distant space of the excessive Andes, a hen lived in secret till lately. The Blue-throated Hillstar was first found in 2017 – and you may examine it here.
#Photography #Information #4th #July #Gross sales #Rumored #Retro #Nikon