Nikon Z 600mm f/4 TC VR S Announcement
It was a preferred day for images bulletins! Alongside Fuji’s X-T5 and Canon’s EOS R6 Mark II, Nikon formally introduced a lens that’s been on their roadmap for some time: the Nikon Z 600mm f/4 TC VR S. As many photographers anticipated, it’s an f/4 lens and has a built-in 1.4x teleconverter (to make an 840mm f/5.6). It’s additionally costly – a whopping $15,500, making it the priciest Nikon Z lens but.
Even with the built-in teleconverter, the lens weighs 550 grams / 1.2 kilos lower than its predecessor, the Nikon AF-S 600mm f/4E FL VR for DSLRs. Particularly, the brand new Z lens is 3260 grams, or 7.2 kilos. That’s hardly featherweight, nevertheless it’s on the lighter facet for a lens like this; it ought to be potential to handhold the Z 600mm f/4 for brief intervals of time. (Nikon says the lens’s middle of gravity is on the tripod ring, which additionally helps.)
Listed here are the total specs for the Nikon Z 600mm f/4 TC VR S:
- Mount Kind: Nikon Z Mount
- Focal Size: 600mm (840mm with built-in 1.4x teleconverter)
- Most Aperture: f/4 (f/5.6 with built-in 1.4x teleconverter)
- Minimal Aperture: f/32 (f/45 with built-in 1.4x teleconverter)
- Aperture Blades: 9, rounded
- Filter Measurement: 46mm drop-in
- Lens Components: 26 (19 ignoring the teleconverter)
- Lens Teams: 20 (16 ignoring the teleconverter)
- Particular Components: 3 ED glass, 1 Tremendous ED glass, 2 fluorite, and a pair of short-wavelength reflective SR components (of these, 1 ED and 1 SR aspect are within the teleconverter)
- Fluorine Coated Entrance Ingredient: Sure
- Digital Diaphragm: Sure
- Vibration Discount: Sure
- Inner Focusing: Sure
- Rings: Three (focus, operate, and management)
- Operate Buttons: Sure (Fn1 and Fn2)
- Focus Recall Buttons: Sure
- Focus Motor: Silky Swift Voice Coil Motor
- Minimal Focus Distance: 4.3 meters (14.1 ft)
- Most Magnification: 0.14x (1:7.1); 0.2× (1:5) with built-in 1.4x teleconverter
- Mount Materials: Steel
- Climate/Mud Sealing: Sure
- Dimensions (Size × Diameter): 437 x 165 mm / 17.3 × 6.5 inches
- Weight: 3260 g / 7.19 lbs
- MSRP: $15,500
That’s a whopper of a specs record – eight particular lens components (out of 26), tons of buttons and rings, and, in fact, the built-in 1.4x teleconverter.
It’s the final level that makes this lens so fascinating for skilled photographers. Just like the Nikon Z 400mm f/2.8 TC VR S – which shares plenty of similarities with this lens – all it takes is one change to allow or disable the 1.4x teleconverter. It doesn’t fairly make this as versatile as a zoom lens, nevertheless it nonetheless acts like two lenses in a single. The flexibility to leap shortly between 600mm f/4 and 840mm f/5.6 will probably be helpful in fast-moving conditions.
No shock, the MTF charts look nearly excellent for this lens. You possibly can see the lens’s commonplace efficiency and the efficiency with the 1.4x teleconverter under:
Nikon says the lens will probably be out there in late November, but when the opposite Nikon Z supertelephotos are something to guage by, it will likely be many months till most photographers get their copy – even those that pre-order the lens.
Nonetheless, you’ll be able to pre-order on the hyperlink under:
And right here’s Nikon’s press launch for the lens:
Nikon releases the NIKKOR Z 600mm f/4 TC VR S, a quick, super-telephoto prime lens with a built-in 1.4x teleconverter for the Nikon Z mount system
November 2, 2022
Delivering superior decision and agility for dependable seize of decisive moments
TOKYO – Nikon Company (Nikon) is happy to announce the discharge of the NIKKOR Z 600mm f/4 TC VR S, a quick, super-telephoto prime lens that’s appropriate with full-frame/FX-format mirrorless cameras for which the Nikon Z mount system has been adopted.
The NIKKOR Z 600mm f/4 TC VR S, the super-telephoto prime lens which belongs to the S-Line*1 of NIKKOR Z lenses, pursues the last word in optical efficiency. It incorporates a built-in teleconverter that extends the focal size by 1.4x, enabling protection of two focal lengths — 600 mm and 840 mm. With a weight of roughly 3,260 g, it’s roughly 550 g lighter than the AF-S NIKKOR 600mm f/4E FL ED VR, even with the addition of a built-in teleconverter. With a complete size of roughly 437 mm, the lens is sufficiently small to be saved in a bag that meets carry-on requirements for worldwide flights. Varied aberrations are successfully compensated with the adoption of three ED glass*2, an excellent ED glass, two fluorite lens, and two SR lens*2 components for the lens optics. Superior sharpness and element are potential even on the periphery of the body from the utmost aperture, and excellent picture high quality is realized even when the built-in teleconverter is used. A quick most aperture of f/4 makes the lens superb for photographing quickly transferring topics, reminiscent of at motorbike racing occasions, in addition to for three-dimensional rendering with pure bokeh.
As well as, the lens employs Meso Amorphous Coat that boasts the very best anti-reflection efficiency in NIKKOR historical past. The mixture of Meso Amorphous Coat and Nano Crystal Coat synergistically works to enormously scale back ghost and flare. This enables customers to focus on taking pictures with out restrictions on composition, even in conditions the place robust mild sources are more likely to be included within the body, reminiscent of outdoor or below stadium lights. Additional, the Silky Swift VCM (SSVCM)*3 has been adopted for the lens AF drive to concurrently obtain quick and extremely correct AF management, in addition to outstandingly quiet AF operation. The lens additionally helps VR efficiency equal to a 5.0-stop*4 enhance in shutter velocity, successfully decreasing blur with super-telephoto taking pictures. With its excellent energy, sturdiness, and operability, the NIKKOR Z 600mm f/4 TC VR S helps skilled photographers’ imaging expression in photographic genres reminiscent of sports activities, information, and wildlife.
Nikon will proceed to pursue a brand new dimension in optical efficiency whereas assembly customers’ wants, contributing to the event of imaging tradition, with the hope of increasing potentialities for imaging expression.
- 1The S-Line is a grade of NIKKOR Z lenses that exhibit excellent optical efficiency, adhering to a excessive commonplace of design rules and high quality management.
- 2Three ED glass and two SR lens components are used when the built-in teleconverter is enabled, whereas two ED glass and a SR lens components are used when the built-in teleconverter is disabled.
- 3An AF drive actuator that mixes a Voice Coil Motor (VCM) and a information mechanism developed by Nikon. The VCM is a motor by which a coil reciprocates within the robust magnetic subject created by a strong magnet.
- 4Primarily based on CIPA Commonplace. This worth is achieved when hooked up to a camera with full-frame/FX-format sensor, with the camera’s VR operate set to “NORMAL”
- Encompasses a built-in teleconverter that extends the focal size by 1.4x, permitting the lens to cowl two focal lengths — 600 mm and 840 mm. The teleconverter change situated inside straightforward attain of the proper hand permits clean altering of the focal size with out altering the taking pictures posture.
- The focal size could be prolonged to 1,200 mm with the Z TELECONVERTER TC-2.0x, or 1,680 mm when the built-in teleconverter is used with it*1.
- By utilizing the built-in teleconverter and a pair of.3x crop for video recording with the Nikon Z 9, it’s potential to shoot at a focal size equal to 1,932 mm*2.
- The burden of roughly 3,260 g regardless of the addition of a built-in teleconverter makes the NIKKOR Z 600mm f/4 TC VR S roughly 550 g lighter than the AF-S NIKKOR 600mm f/4E FL ED VR.
- The entire size of roughly 437 mm means the lens matches in a bag that may be carried on board worldwide flights, so you’ll be able to transport it with confidence.
- Colour bleeding and flare are suppressed not solely at infinity, but in addition with taking pictures at shut distances, realizing superior sharpness and element to the sides of the body from the utmost aperture.
- Adoption of Meso Amorphous Coat with the very best anti-reflection efficiency in NIKKOR historical past, for important discount of ghost and flare.
- Adoption of the Silky Swift VCM (SSVCM) for the AF drive permits quick, extremely correct, and quiet AF management.
- VR efficiency equal to a 5.0-stop enhance in shutter velocity; an impact of 5.5 stops*3 is realized when the lens is used with the Z 9 with Synchro VR activation.
- Superior dust- and drip-resistant efficiency*4 is ensured by sealing adopted in numerous areas together with movable elements of the lens barrel in addition to a rubber gasket across the lens mount, whereas glorious anti-fouling efficiency is achieved with a fluorine coat on the floor of the front-most lens aspect.
- Operability just like that of the NIKKOR Z 400mm f/2.8 TC VR S incessantly utilized by professionals permits clean switching between lenses throughout super-telephoto taking pictures that requires photographers to resolve on a lens straight away.
- A design contemplating video recording together with a focus-breathing compensation operate which successfully reduces shifting of the angle of view when focusing, and secure publicity.
1Relying upon the topic, scene brightness, and focus place, AF might not carry out as anticipated, whatever the camera used, leading to inaccurate focus, sluggish focusing, or flashing of the main target indicator for digital rangefinding.
2When the Z 9’s [Frame size/frame rate] is about to [3840×2160; 120p], [3840×2160; 100p], [1920×1080; 120p], or [1920×1080; 100p] and [Choose image area] is about to [DX (24×16)], the lens angle of view is equal to that of a lens with a focal size roughly 2.3x that out there when the picture space is about to FX-format.
3Primarily based on CIPA commonplace. This worth is achieved when hooked up to a camera with full-frame/FX-format sensor, with the camera’s VR operate set to “NORMAL”, and the built-in teleconverter disabled.
4Thorough dust- and drip-resistance is just not assured in all conditions or below all situations.
#Nikon #600mm #Announcement
Comments & Reviews